Wardrobes are one of the crucial furniture to shelve your day to day dressing utilities. Selection of wardrobe designs is more about capacity and space fitting than about looks. Following are some basic but contemporary wardrobe designs for your home.
Fixed Wardrobe Designs
These are wall mounted wardrobe designs used as a fixed furniture with a matching look with your bedroom or dressing room. Fixed wardrobes are wall in-built and conserve huge amount of space. There are four wardrobes designs popularly in use:
- Hinged Door Wardrobes: This wardrobe design can have either a double hinged door or a single hinged door for each cabinet block depending upon the length and height of the inner shelves. These designs can be accessorised with designer knobs or twist handles. You can also align four to eight hinged doors as per the space available.
- Sliding Door Wardrobes: Wardrobes with sliding doors are the even more smarter version in the contemporary wardrobe designs slot. Sliding doors can be made out of designer glasses, polished wood or refined wrought metal. These designs take minimum space as there is no door opening margin required.
- Walk-in Wardrobes: Walk-in style wardrobes are a complete room like wardrobe spaces with a posh arrangement of everything to be shelved right from fragrances, toiletries, accessories, footwear’s to detailed apparel placing sections. It is indeed the luxury version of a wardrobe cum walk-in dressing unit and requires ample amount of space for structuring.
Moveable Wardrobe Designs
These designs are not specific to a particular room interior and can be called as smart wardrobes for their compactness, flexibility in positioning and are very easy to move around.
- Caster Wardrobes: Wheel mounted caster wardrobes can be very conveniently moved from one corner of the room to another. These designs are best if you like changing and revamping your house interiors from time to time.
- Collapsible Wardrobes: Foldable wardrobes are made out of metal brackets and cloth fabric. These wardrobe designs incorporate hanging space, shelves as well as drawers. You can pack and keep them away when not in need and use them whenever there is more shelve.
All the above modular wardrobe designs can be made out of various base materials like wood, metal, steel and can be put to multiple use by placing dressing mirrors on these. The outer finishing of designer wardrobes can be styled with motifs and illustrations like wardrobe stickers, full length posters as well as hanging designs.
Categories: Modern Furniture Trends