Roof window designs have been revolutionised over time as sky lights. These ca be called as a natural light source into the bedrooms, living rooms or kitchen through the ceiling. Take a look at some exemplary types of sky lights for home:
Fixed Skylights: These are plan windows which do not have any opening. Fixed skylights only serve as a way for natural light to get in to the interiors.
Skylights with a vent: Ventilating skylights have an outlet or an inlet for allowing the air to pass through. There are usually two types of skylights with a vent that are used most commonly; one along with an emergency window vent and another design with a slide shutter.
Skylights with UV protector: There can be odd times in summers when you might get a bit worried about too strong sunlight peeping through the skylight. For such times, skylights with UV protector screen shield is an apt choice.
Tubular Skylight: These are tiny circular window like skylights, used to allow very little light to get through. These tube like skylights are used as a bunch together in the hall way or porch side of the house.
How to Install Skylight at Home?
First of all, you need to select the type of skylight and for which room. There are different shapes of Skylights you can install depending the space on the roof, such as:
- Flat Skylights
- Spherical or Semi-Spherical Skylights
- Polygon and Rectangular Skylights
- Triangular or Dome shaped Skylights
Now, once you have chosen the type of skylight for a specific roof, after considering the size of the skylight frame, you can easily install skylights in your home yourself with few simple steps as under:
- Step-1. Put the skylight in frame as per whatever is the size and shape of your choice of skylight.
- Step-2. Tightly push in the frame into the cut space of the roof. You might need to take support of a hammer and some glueing material to do this.
- Step-3. Clean the edges of the skylight frame with a thin utensil
- Step-4. Fill the gaps visible around the frame fitted into the roof with white cement or ceramic paste to avoid any extra air to get in.
- Step-5: Polish and paint the frame edges from both the sides.
The above discussed types of skylight ideas can be your way to bring in some natural light to the home interiors.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”,”serif”;}
Categories: Decoration Tips