Bed sheets make your bedroom highly striking. Bed Sets are available in different fabrics such as linen, cotton, satin, silk, jersey, flannel etc. Bedding Sets come in various lovely prints. To have a good quality and undisturbed sleep, your bedding and bed sheets make a big difference . Nothing is as useful to your health as a good night’s rest, and a fine sheet set on your bed can make all the difference. With summers, the bed sheets need to be cool and comfortable. So the best option is to choose bedsheets which are natural and lightweight.
100% cotton. Good cotton sheets are cool, smooth, very comfortable, and if it’s really hot and you sweat, they will wick the moisture away from you to help you stay cool. There are other bed sheets materials as well like nylon/satin/polyester sheets but they won’t help much. They look great on bed but they are very uncomfortable.
Advantages of cotton bedsheets
- Cotton is naturally absorbent and breathable
- It is lightweight and soft.
- Good prints and designs
100% cottonsheets are more expensive than 50-50 or 70-30 cotton/mix sheets, but they’re worth the money – and they won’t pill up and get uncomfortable from that. The key to finding the best cotton sheets for summer is thread count. Cotton sheets with a higher thread count will be softer and often of a finer weave than lower thread count sheets, making them perfect for summer. They also get softer with each wash. So you can pre-wash your sheets before laying them on your bed and don’t be afraid to give your wash machine a work out by changing your sheets frequently.
Versions of 100% Cotton
There are different versions of 100% cotton.
- Muslin as at the low end. It has a threat count of 128 to 140. It is rather rough and is mostly used for children’s printed bed sheets.
- Combed cotton is cleaned of impurities, and because its shorter fibers are removed, is generally soft and smooth.
- Pima cotton is long fiber cotton grown in the United States. Supima cotton is the same, with extra-long fibers. Both of these are of high quality and usually have a 200 to 300 threat count.
- Egyptian cotton is considered the best cotton, due to its extra-long fibers. Bed sheets made from this silky and durable cotton usually have a thread count of over 200.
- Cotton blends are popular for sheets, since it can make them less likely to wrinkle. Cotton/polyester blends are very popular because they cost less and they have a crisp, cool feeling.
Cotton Bedsheets Designs
Categories: Home Furnishings