For a peaceful and harmonious life, the bedroom plays a vital role. Many renowned vaastu shashtra scholars have always given importance to the bedroom as it is the room, where you need to have a harmonious stress-free living environment. It takes up approximately one third of your life and therefore is an extremely important factor in your overall health. Here are some wonderful ideas to improve the bedroom as per vaastu shashtra guidelines.
Vastu Shashtra for Bedroom
- It is best to have the bedrooms in the South, South-West and West corners. The best is the south-west corner of the west side.
- It is to be noted that the bed room should not be built in the North-East, East or North as this direction is not good for the house owner’s health and finances.
- When you have your bedroom at the south west corner (nairuthis) corner of the house, you should also see that the Nairuthi (southwest) outside of the house should not have defects, otherwise the inmates of that bedroom may face so many problems and troubles. Surroundings plays an important role in vastu shastra.
- If there are more than one floor, the head of the family should have a bed room on the upper storey in the south-west corner of the west direction. This room is also good for adult married children but not for the younger children.
Where should the bed be placed as per vastu shastra?
- The bed at bed room should also be place in the south west corner, leaving little space at at south,west and southwest corners and more space at east, north, northeast (eshan) corners. This type of arranging bed is very intelligent method to get the maximum advantage of vastu shastra.
- The southwest corner is the best place to keep the bed, then comes the south and the third best place is west side.
- Do not place the bed at east side or north as it leads to ill health, misunderstandings, financial and other problems.
Where should you place your head while sleeping?
- If the head is towards the South then you have a sound sleep and less tensions and good health. This is because positive magnetic energy comes from the north. The blood in your body contains iron, which makes your body attracted with the positive polarity in your head.
- If the head is towards the North, then you might have bad dreams, ill health and disturbed sleep. This is because, the two positive polarities repel each other, disrupting the ?ow of blood and affecting your sleep and health.
- East is also a good direction. If the head is towards the East, then there is improvement in knowledge.
- Avoid placing your head in the west as it leads to ill health.
Shape of the bedroom
Square and rectangular shaped bedrooms are the best. Do not go for unuals shapes or the unsystamatic typed bedrooms.
Clutter Free Bedroom
It is very important that you maintain a clutter free bedroom. Removing clutter in your bedroom creates serenity and makes you more ef?cient and function optimally and systemtically. Cluttering of any objects emit a negative vibtation. Clear areas of accumulated papers, magazines, and newspapers. Remove everything from under your bed, as storing clutter here will also affect your subconscious mind and cause disruption during sleep.Make sure you de-clutter and sort out things kept in the box-beds from time to time. Shoes and chappals should not be kept under a bed try to keep the area under the bed, as clean as possible. Your bedroom should be a place where you can totally relax.
Furniture Placing as per Vastu
- Place the cupboard in the bedroom at South, West or Southwest(nairuthi).
- You can keep small stools or tables on both sides of your bed to place mini articles and phone, bed lamp etc.
- The north side can be used to place a study table.
- As a part of Vastu guidelines for bedroom, if you want to have a bookshelf in your bedroom, then west or southwest corner is apt for this purpose.
- The South-West area of the bedroom should not be kept empty. Keep heavy furniture or an almirah here.
- TV, heaters, and air conditioners should be located in the southeast corner.
Door of the Bedroom
The door you enter to your bedroom is considered a symbol of the possibilities your life has to offer you. The door should open at least ninety degrees to fully allow positive opportunities to ?ow to you. The door should be set in the east, west or north, and should ideally be one shutter.
Other Vastu Tips for Bedroom
- Upon entering, your bedroom, the ?rst thing that you should see is something that gives you the feeling of peace and serenity. This could be a photograph, a sculpture, a painting or even ?owers.
- Do not place a mirror in front of the bed. It can disturb your sleep. You throw off stress during the time yousleep and a mirror will hold the stress and re?ect it back to you when you wake up once you sit up in bed. If you have a mirror,then cover it at night for a more restful sleep.
- Try not to sleep in direct alignment with sharp corners.
- If your bed is directly underneath an exposed beam or in a slanted room, it will be dif?cult to have peaceful rest. Exposed beams or slanted ceilings are symbols of oppression as they create a cutting effect. One remedy for this is to hang bells from beams or slanted ceilings.
- Avoid placing the divine idols in the bedroom.
- Upon getting up from bed erly morning, the right foot should be placed on the floor first.
- If you study in the bedroom, the east side should be used.
Categories: Home FengShui & Vastu