Wind chimes are attractive decorative items used not only to decorate the house but also as an effective fengshui tool. Wind chimes are placed in the garden, patio, balcony, at the entrance of a house and even the interiors. They are decorative, musical and also helpful in bringing in overall peace and prosperity in the house. Today you find a great selection of wind chimes for interior and garden decor, in varied designs, materials and number of rods. They can easily spruce up the look of any area where they are placed or hanged.
Use of Wind Chime in Feng Shui
According to feng shui, using wind chimes helps in the flow of “chi” or “energy”, the flow of positive energy and the out flow of negative energy. It is said that if wind chimes are placed properly, they can promote health, harmony, money and friends. According to the Chinese principles of Feng Shui, Chi is present everywhere, and it is the right flow of energy or chi that has a direct impact on a person’s happiness, health and overall luck. By placing the wind chime in the right area, negative influences in your life can be counter attacked and at the same time the possibilities for good fortune can be increased. It is the sound of the wind chime, that brings about a solution of all problems. Wind chimes are used widely in Feng Shui to activate chi and eliminate any blockages that might be causing problems for a home’s family members.
Feng Shui Wind Chimes Materials
Wind chimes are made of copper, bronze, aluminum, brass and steel. Metal wind chimes are considered to be the strongest of all. There are other materials like wood, ceramic, glass, bamboo, clay windchimes as well.
Number of Rods in Wind Chimes
For postive flow of energy, the number of rods also play an important role. Feng shui consultants recomment the metal wind chime with 6 rods for a strong feng shui element for Northwest. This is because, 6 is the feng shui number for Northwest. The best choice would be considered a chime with hollow tubes, so as to allow the potential flow of quality energy. The best numbers of rods to have in a wind chime is 5, 6 or 8 as they are the lucky numbers, expecially during this Feng Shui period 8 which starts from year 2004 and ends 2024. Use six or eight rods if you want to attract good luck in your lives. If you want to suppress bad luck, five is most suitable.
Directions of Placing Wind Chimes
Placing a windchime for positive energy depends on where the wind chime is placed. And this is very very important. You cannot weaken or damage the main element of a bagua area. For example, it is not recommended to place a metal wind chime in the East (wood element) or a wood chime in the Southwest (earth element). The metal wind chimes can be placed in the North, Northwest and West. A wood wind chime or a bamboo wind chime can be placed in the East, Southeast, and South bagua areas. There are porcelain or clay wind chimes suitable for feng shui element bagua areas like the Northeast, East, Center, Southwest, Southeast as they represent earth. Wooden Wind chimes such as those made of bamboos are only effective in the wood element corners (East and Southeast) as well as in the fire element corner (South) because Wood feeds Fire. Ceramic Wind chimes are good for the Northeast (knowledge luck), Southwest (love and romance luck), and Center (general luck of the whole family) sectors of the home. These are the Earth energy sectors.
- Place a Wind chime inside the toilet to press down the bad luck of the toilet.
- Place a 6 rod metal Wind chime in the West sector. This improves children luck. This direction is also said to represent happiness. Place a 6 rod metal Wind chime in the North sector. This helps in activating career luck. This direction is water and the use of metal produces water.
- Hang a 6 rod metal Wind chime in the Northwest sector to improve your mentor luck. This improves the luck of attracting helpful people, advisers and friends into your life. The Northwest is a big metal sector and combined with six being the number representative of the element in this sector, the effect is doubled!
- You can also place a wind chime in front of an entrance. The tinkling sounds of the rods give an indication of someone entering the house and they also control the flow of chi.
- To increase your popularity, youcan use 2 or 9-rod chimes, made of either ceramic or crystal and the best direction for this is the southwest corner of the living room. The chimes help chi circulate, and this will attract more people to you and increase your circle of friends.
- Do not hung wind chimes in a way where someone sits, eats, works, sleeps or stand underneath it regularly. It can result in head injuries and other illnesses and accidents.
Categories: Home FengShui & Vastu