One of the simplest and best ways to give a new look to your room or to give an ethnic like appearance is to go for terracotta home décor items. The natural terracotta decorative products or the colorful, painted terracotta items can easily enhance the appearance of your living space in a grand way. These home décor products are cheap, natural and most important of all they are less expensive compared to the décorative items made from other materials like brass, wrought iron, glass etc.
What is Terracotta?
For those who are not aware of terracotta, it is defined as “baked earth”- a clay based material having a typical reddish-brown color. Terracotta has been used throughout history for sculpture and pottery, as well as bricks and roof shingles. Today the material has been used to make a wide range of home décor products in varied shapes and sizes and utility. Infact in India, the craftsmen have mastered the art of using terracotta in an effective way to mold a wide array of products to cater to their every necessity. From times immemorial, this art has been a pulsating life-force for the Indians. In fact, terracotta art was considered as mystical in India, as it incorporates the five vital elements – Air, Water, Fire, Air and Ether. Even today, in many countries of the world, terracotta remains a popular material in the decorative arts, besides pottery and sculpture.
Terracotta Home Decorative Products
The various decorative items that are made of terracotta and that are used in home decoration are as follows:
- Terracotta Statues and Figurines: These are available in varied sizes, from the small miniature statues to the large sized sculptures.
- Terracotta Deities:In Indian homes, it is very common to see the Hindu deities made of Terracotta, especially of Lord Ganesha. You will find terracotta statues of Lord Ganesha in varied postures. During auspicious occasions like Diwali, terracotta deities of Goddess Laxmi and Lord Ganesh are flooded in the market.
- Terracotta Bells:Terracotta bells when hanged in front of the entrance of your home looks great. You can also place such bell in the garden. A cluster of small bells can be beautifully used as an wind chime as well.
- Terracotta Lamps:Terra cotta lamps can wonderfully change the look of your room. These lamps carved in beautiful floral designs & painted in vibrant colours can easily spruce up your homes and offices.
- Terracotta Murals:Terracotta murals are quite popular now. Terra cotta murals make an attractive visual focal point in a room. These murals can adorn both exteriors and interiors.
- Terracotta Tiles: The terracotta tiles gives an earthy and countryside look. The tiles can be placed in the living room, family room, foyer, terrace, corridors, balcony, adding simplicity with elegance to the interiors, creating an earthy feeling. They can be used as paintings or wall hangings. A simple terracotta wall hanging mounted to a light creamy background can create magical effect.
- Terracotta Masks:Terracotta masks are another decorative items used in many homes. Handmade terra cotta masks depict myriad expression and are usually seen at the entrance or front door.
- Terracotta Pots:The most common home décor item is ofcourse the flower pots. Those who want to get creative can have so much enjoyment in decorating with terracotta pots in the house. The wide range of sizes and shapes available would also let the home owner to find a piece perfectly fitted for any area in the house, be it the garden or the living room corner or the small pots placed on top of the coffee table or dining table.
Terracotta Décor: A Rage
If you are thinking of changing the look of your home or doing something new to design your home décor, then Terra Cotta is the best chemical free decorative accessories for your home decor. The Natural brown color terracotta products look unique. The natural look of terracotta can easily match different kinds of decorating styles. Of course, when these items are painted in varied colors they look all the more colorful and vibrant. There are also elaborate designs on these home décor items. .Terracotta items definitely bring a cheer and a way different from the usual. Terracotta home décor products offer a keen sense of aesthetics in the items in your daily life. The warmth and the burnt smell of the clay items have definitely led to their increased usage in modern homes as one of the most sought after home decor item.
Categories: Home Decor Products