Designing the children’s room as per Vastu rules play a vital role in the overall development of the child, including mental and physical development. Vastu covers a lot many factors like as the location of the room, the placing of furniture, light directions, doors and windows directions, the study table and so on. According to Vastu, keeping everything in the apt direction in the kids room results in the flow of positive energy, creative thinking, good health, leading to a happy and prosperous life.
Proper Direction for the Children Room
The children room is best located in the west direction. Even northwest, northeast and southeast directions are considered to be good. But avoid the southwest direction. Girl’s room can be in northwest direction whereas boy’s room can be in northern or eastern part of the house.
Placing of Furniture for the Children Room
- Bed: The bed should be placed in the southwest corner. Place the bed in such a way that your child has his/ her head facing the east or south direction, while sleeping.
- Study Table: The study table should be best placed in the east direction as it leads to enhanced concentration. The table should be placed in such a manner that the child faces east, north or northeast corner while studying. The books should always be kept in south-west, south or west. Always remember to choose a study table that does not have overhead drawers and shelves as lots of books and papers create clutter and mental pressure.
- Almirahs and Cabinets: The almirahs and cabinets should always be located in south or west direction of the room.
Doors and Windows
The doors and windows of children room are best designed in the east or north. The windows should be opposite to the door.
Lights in the Children Room
Use up-lighters and the best location is in the southeast corner of the room. It helps promote health and generate positive energy.
Best Color in Children Room as per Vastu
Green color proves the best for kids’ room. The color is associated with freshness and peace. It also increases brain power.
What to avoid?
- Avoid placing computer and TV in the children room.
- Avoid placing the mirror on the opposite side of the bed.
- Avoid placing furniture attached to the wall, as it obstructs the flow of positive energy. Always keep them a few inches away from the wall.
- The door to children’s room should not be exactly opposite to the bed. Instead, place it an angle from the door.
- Avoid keeping sharp edges and pointing nooks in the room.
- Do not place anything in the center. This should always be empty.
- Do not use sharp lights, spot lights in the children room as they create mental strain.
Categories: Home FengShui & Vastu