Area rugs with their beautiful designs that stretched out across a room make a wonderful decor for any home. Even the smallest of homes could look grand with a fancy area rug. The area rugs have undergone tremendous changes from the traditionally intricate, to innumerable modern day abstract designs and textures. Area rugs can be used as wonderful decorative item in the living room, bed room, dining roo, kitchen and even kids room to play on. It is a great way of adding fun and color to a room. Look for one that will compliment your entire room and its surroundings.
Styles of Area Rugs
There are wide variety of designs to choose from. The woolen area rugs are very popular. The hand made rugs are expensive but worth the purchase as they can beautifully highlight the room. The persian designs in area rugs are all time favourite. So also the rugs displaying contemporary designs. You also get designs specific to a particular room.The wide styles are
- Persian Rugs
- Oriental Rugs
- Contemporary Style Rugs
- Transitinal Rugs
- Flokati Rugs
- Tibetan Rugs
- Shag Area Rugs
- Braided Area Rugs
Why Area Rugs for Home Decor?
- Area rugs are great choices because they can be placed over any type of flooring.
- Even a room filled with wall to wall carpeting can look beautiful if they are accessorized with area rugs because they can help delineate a specific area, such as a seating area, from other parts of the room.
- They can make a large room feel smaller and more intimate because they can help divide a room visually and allow people to focus on individual areas rather than trying to take the entire space in at one time.
- The right rug can make also any small room seem more spacious. Light colors, simple patterns, and less ornate designs produce a sense of expansion and airy freedom, giving even the most cramped spot a fresh, open feel.
- Use a Rug to Complete that Special Theme.
- Use an area rug to highlight or downplay the existing floor.
How to Choose Area Rugs?
While there are amazing varieties of area rugs, the varied options can also make it difficult to choose the right one. What should you choose? What style suits your home? Which fabric should you opt for: the leather area rugs or wool rugs or rugs made of jute or bamboo? Sure, it can get confusing at times. Here are a few tips that you may consider when you want to add an area rug to an existing decorating scheme.
- If you are using area rugs over top of carpeting, you may want to think about using wool rugs because they are durable and long wearing. They are available in many different colors and patterns which make them great in room’s style, whether contmporary or traditional. Wool rugs are good because they are often softer and less damaging than synthetic rugs would be on the underlying carpet.
- If you are placing rugs on hard flooring such as wood, stone or tile flooring any kind of rug will do. Acrylic rugs are often a great choice because they are durable and can handle the abuse and wear that they will be subjected to.
- You want to make sure that the colors in the rugs that you choose will work well with your interior.
- Choose a Textured Rug to Create Depth
Categories: Home Furnishings