Window Blinds are one of the more affordable and versatile home window treatments available today and are fast replacing the curtains. They are less bulky, more durable than fabric, and cheaper and easier to clean besides controlling the degree of sunlight, shading, ventilation and privacy. Here’s a list of the various types of window blinds available:
- Panel blinds: They look great in contemporary interiors. They are mainly used as floor-to-ceiling treatments because they are always clean-cut. Panel blinds are suitable for displaying striking prints and bold designs as they sit flat against the window.
- Roller shades: These are solid panels. They are made of softer materials like polyester mix fabrics, which are available in a range of densities. These densities are like sheer (for a glowing effect), perforated (for minimal light) or opaque (for afternoon nappers). The roller blinds can also be raised into a tube at the window top to allow full light.They have the most minimalist profile and are popular for their low-maintenance. They provide efficient shading from the sun. Usually it is suggested to avoid full cotton shade, for they are prone to shrinkage. Roller blinds can creatively be transformed into a room divider..
- Roman blinds: The Roman blinds are one-piece fabric blinds without any gathers, forming soft pleats when raised up and the blinds fall complete flat when lowered. Permanently pleated fabric shades are a variation of roman blinds. The fabric used in Roman blinds is delicate. So choose a soft fabric with structural strength. Two materials like sheer and opaque can also be combined to create a striking graphic pattern of stripes in cool shade and glowing light.
- Venetian blinds: Uually made of lightweight aluminum or wood. Each slat is arranged horizontally. The slats can be tilted or the blind lifted up to the top of the window.
- Vertical blinds: They are available in individual vertical slats. These slats hang across the window from top to bottom. They can be moved to one end of the window, or split into two sections.
- With advancement in technology and modern designs coming up, you can even get blinds for oddly shaped window.
Some quick window blind maintenance tips
Light dusting with once a week.
Opening the louvers to one direction, dust it, reverse the direction and dust again.
Wipe stains with a damp cloth.
Categories: Home Decor Products