Your bedroom is your ultimate place to relax, it is the place where you are at your most vulnerable while you sleep. That is why your bedroom should be such that you enjoy staying in that room, you are filled with positive thoughts and you can recharge your chi. This is exactly what Feng Shui does, it helps us feel better and fills us with positive energy. A good feng shui bedroom is one that promotes a harmonious flow of sensual and nourishing energy, that lures you in, excites and calms you at the same time, that is fun and pleasurable to be in for a quick nap, a good night sleep or to make passionate love. Presenting below a list of few tips to Feng Shui your bedroom.
- Ideally, the bedroom should be as far away as possible from the front door.
- Do not keep TV, computer or exercise equipment in your bedroom. The good feng shui energy in your bedroom is destructed when these are present in your bedroom.
- Always open the windows in the morning to let in the fresh air.
- Plants in the bedroom are not good feng shui, unless your bedroom is big and the plants are located far from the bed.
- Good, appropriate lighting is very important in the bed room. Light is our basic nutrient and one of the strongest manifestation of energy. Candles are the best feng shui bedroom lighting. But dont go for candles with no toxins. Soft lighting is ideal. Avoid having ceiling lamps right directly over your bed.
- Ceiling beams above the bed are big no no. They are a source of cutting chi and the beams carry a tremendous load. As a result, the pressure is focused into the beams generating chi which moves downwards, placing direct pressure on you while you sleep. In case if you already have beams, then reduce the negative impact, paint the beams, drape fabric over the beams, hang bamboo flutes 2-3 inches below the beam to soften the load etc.
- Avoid sleeping with your image visible in a mirror.
- Never placer a mirror at the foot of your bed.
- Place something beautiful that inspires you where you first look in the morning.
- Keep the space under your bed clear and get rid of any unwanted items there.
- If the bathroom door is facing to the bed directly, ensure that the bathroom door is closed all the time. An auto door-closer can be installed at the toilet door.
- Keep all the bedroom doors closed at night, be it the closet doors, the bathroom door or the bedroom door. This will allow for the best and most nourishing flow of energy to strengthen your health, as well as the health of your relationship.
Bed Positioning as Per Fengshui Guidelines
- Have your bed easily approachable from both sides.
- Have two bedside tables (one on each side) if two sleep in the bed. This ensures stability and protection in the relationship. Make sure all bedside tables have rounded edges to prevent cutting chi being focused towards the occupants.
- If you sleep with your partner, make sure that the bed is kept equidistant from all sides or in the middle of the wall. This is important in a relationship as it gives both individuals who share the bed equality in the relationship. A bed kept in the corner of a room implies giving more freedom of chi to the individual on the open side whereas the partner will literally feel up against a wall.
- Avoid having the bed in a direct line with the door.
- Position your bed so that you can see the door from where you sleep. This gives you a deep sense of inner security.
- Avoid sleeping with your head close to a window. To help you protect your own chi while you are asleep, to recharge it, make sure you have a stable, strong headboard. Chi energy enters and exits the body through the feet, hands and the top of the skull. Having a solid something behind you while you sleep is far more helpful than a cold, blank wall or those ornately designed brass posts.
Fengshui Color Guidelines for your Bedroom
Pastel colors are ideal. Use soothing colors to achieve a good feng shui balance in your bedroom. Best feng shui colors for the bedroom are considered the so-called “skin colors”, and we know the colors of human skin vary from pale white to rich chocolate brown. Choose colors within this range that will work best for your bedroom decor.
Categories: Home FengShui & Vastu